Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to download and install any software?
No. Email Inspector is an online service. Once payment is made you just log-in and go.
Will my IP get blocked?
No. There is no risk, your IP totally safe as our servers do all the work.
How are the email addresses checked?
Every email is checked at 3 levels:
- The syntax of the email address e.g. (email@example.com)
- The domain element of the email address to ensure it is configured to accept emails
- The existence of the mailbox (known as a SMTP check)
How fast are the email addresses checked?
Very. Our servers ensure we can check more than a thousand emails per minute
How are the email addresses imported into the system?
There are 2 methods:
- File Import – You can upload any text (.txt) or CSV (.csv) file that contains email addresses. This includes Excel, Outlook or any other application that can support these text files.
- Copy/Paste – For small amounts of email addresses (up to 500), you can simply copy and paste them from your application into our import screen.
How do I get results out of the system?
There are 4 methods to exporting the results:
The built in filtering allow you to export ALL, Bad, OK or Blocked/rejected email addresses
Are there any email addresses that can’t be checked?
For servers that we know give problems, such as those that give false positives (catch-all), we flag that email addresses appropriately.
How accurate is the service?
Very. We aim for over 95% overall accuracy of invalid/good email addresses based on a typical list. Here are some of the features that make our service the most accurate available:
- Grey list management – This is a technology that is implemented on approximately 10% of email servers and reduces spam by rejecting initial email delivery attempts. Email Inspector can deal with this response whereas other email checkers can’t.
- Server based – Many other email verification tools are downloads that you run from your computer. There are many problems with this approach including mail servers not “talking” to dynamic IP addresses (i.e. as assigned by your ISP) and potential blocking of your IP address altogether for high volumes of queries. Our service runs on servers and does not experience the problems of desktop verifiers.
How often should email addresses be checked?
For large lists (>10,000) we suggest every 2 weeks. Smaller lists can be checked monthly. There are many reasons why email addresses are always changing, people may:
- Move Internet providers
- Move to new employers
- Change Name
If you reply on your email lists for your business email marketing, it is important that you keep the lists as current and clean as possible.
How do I sign up?
Visit our pricing & plan page to choose a plan that will suit your needs. If you are purchasing an online plan you can purchase a license immediately and the account will be created automatically online. If you are looking for a bureau service our consultants will contact you to arrange a call.
How do I cancel?
There is no notice period if you want to cancel. Our online 3 day plan automatically expires after 3 days and you will not be billed again unless you place another order. For subscription plans, you simply need to contact us and your cancellation will take effect at the end of the month. Once you have cancelled your service, we’ll disable your account and make sure that all your data is securely removed and deleted.
How secure is my data?
Very. Security of your data is our primary concern; no one gets access to your data except you. Once you delete a list from our system it is completely removed from our servers.
Do you share my email lists or use them in any other way?
No. We ensure that robust data security is implemented and any data that you upload goes into your database and is not visible by anyone else.
What browsers do you support?
Anything younger than 4 years old, including:
- Internet Explorer (version 7+)
- Firefox (Version 2+)